Listed in Anxiety Treatment Experts
803 Franklin Street
We become just by the practice of just actions, self-controlled by exercising self-control, and courageous by performing acts of courage, observed Aristotle.
Changing old habits and ways of being requires practice and creativity. In my work with clients I aspire to contribute to the relief of suffering, and the attainment of true happiness and freedom.
* I respect the autonomy of my clients to voice their challenges and problems and to choose solutions that work for them. Therapy creates a safe space where negative thoughts are replaced with positive ones; where feelings of anxiety and fear are welcome and become constructive; where impulses are understood and redirected.
* I practice psychotherapy in ways that are proven scientifically to work.
* I safeguard client's wellbeing by monitoring progress carefully, by making adjustments to the treatment plan as needed, and by consulting with other experts as needed. With your permission I will work collaboratively with doctors, nutritionists, or others involved in your care.
* I maintain very high standards of care. I both teach and continue to study to guarantee that I bring the highest possible skill to my work with you.
* I strive to treat all clients with justice, equality and fairness regardless of race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
"Love has no errors, for all errors are the want of love." -William Law
Copyright 2006, All Rights Reserved
Maureen E. Lyon, Ph. D., ABPP
Treatment Modalities: My clinical approach is cognitive-behavioral (CBT) in the treatment of anxiety, panic and eating disorders. CBT is evidence-based, best practice therapy which is relies on the theory that how we think, feel and act all interact. Unrealistic and negative thoughts can cause distress and result in problems.
My orientation is also interpersonal (ITP, Interpersonal Psychotherapy) in the treatment of anxiety and depression involving loss, role conflicts, and relationship issues. ITP is one of the short-term therapies that has been proven to be effective for the treatment of depression. It views the experience of loss as underlying much of human suffering.
Insurance Accepted: Tricare Standard only.
Due to my commitment to confidentiality and my belief that your therapy is yours, not your insurance company's, I do not participate in managed care plans, nor do I accept assignment of benefits. However, I will give you a receipt which you may file with your insurance company for reimbursement. I will be happy to provide pre-authorization or reports as requested by your insurance company, but only with your informed, signed, written consent.
Fee Schedule:: To better assist you in considering how I may be of help to you, there is no charge for our initial session, if you decide not to work with me thereafter.
For your convenience, I accept Visa and Mastercard.
Please feel free to contact me about questions or concerns you have about fees and insurance. If a your circumstances change, I remain committed to your treatment and will negotiate the fee as needed to continue the work.
"As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the 'atomic age' -as in being able to remake ourselves." Einstein